Boilerfans.co.uk Covid-19 Update - 01/04/2020
DPD Cut-Off times have been reduced to 3pm as of 1st April 2020 - the website will not allow the selection of DPD services between 3pm and 8pm. If you wish to specify DPD as your courier, please place your order AFTER8pm.
In conjunction with our logistics partners, Boilerfans.co.uk are doing everything possible to maintain our industry leading service levels in the face of what is likely to be a severe worldwide disruption to supply chains and delivery networks.
We have prepared and are implementing a disaster management plan to ensure that we can offer our customers the best service possible within the available resources. Whilst most of our services are running normally at the moment (1st April 2020), we anticipate some or all of the following issues may arise at some time over the next few weeks/months:
- Couriers may be unable to maintain delivery SLA's (service level agreements) due to delivery personnel self-isolating or otherwise being unfit for work. Courier services will no doubt class COVID-19 as "Force Majeure" to allow them to amend their delivery services without compensation to clients. This may mean significant delays to receiving your parcel. Whilst we will do our utmost to track parcels for you, in reality we will be limited to the same tracking information as you can see online, and with courier call-centre's expected to be extremely busy, delays in responding are inevitable.
- We may have to switch parcels between courier networks to improve the probability of delivery, and will do this based on real-time information provided to us by the courier networks. This may mean that we use an alternate service to the one that our customers have chosen at the checkout, however in line with our delivery terms and conditions we may change the courier service and/or network, and we may take this action without prior consultation, but will keep you informed at all times of any changes that we have made.
- Our warehouse team may be unable to maintain our industry leading dispatch and service promise due to our personnel self-isolating or otherwise being unfit for work. We are training all of our staff, including customer service, administration and accounts personnel in an effort to maintain our dispatch service levels which will be given priority. We have reduced our same-day dispatch cut-off time from 8pm to 6pm Mon-Fri with effect from 31/03/2020.
- In prioritising our dispatch services there may be delays in reponding to requests for information, or refunds/returns. We ask that you bear with us at this time, we will process all queries in chronological order and endeavour to do so as soon as practicably possible.
- Stock availability is not currently a major issue, however we may elect to set a maximum purchase rate to each customer to ensure fair use and availability to as many customers as possible. Our supply chain team is working around the clock to ensure that our product availability is maintained.
- In the event that the UK Government orders all businesses, especially home delivery networks to close then we will be unable to operate and any outstanding orders will be cancelled and refunded.